The excitement of a start-up can’t be matched. With new processes, practices and challenges coming your way every day, your work is never the same—and that’s just the way you like it. But what if that start-up also involved a truly revolutionary new product—one that brought something new to a traditionally stagnant category?
If you’re already wondering when you can start, CalPlant—creator of the world’s first rice straw-based medium density fiberboard (MDF)—is the company you’re looking for.
CalPlant was founded to bring agrifiber-focused building products for the 21st century to life, and today Eureka™ Sustainable High Performance MDF drives CalPlant’s vision for putting sustainable, renewable resources to work. It’s time for your own Eureka moment—join our team and be part of something big.
Learn more about the journey to Eureka MDF by visiting our website!
We are currently seeking an Industrial Electrician to perform skilled, journey-level, low, medium and some high voltage maintenance work.
What You'll Do:
- Complete work orders assigned via Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Read and interpret electrical schematics, ladder logic, engineering, drawings, and sketches to determine work procedures.
- Conduct VFD and DC drive installation, programming, and troubleshooting.
- Participate in the preventive maintenance (PM) program on all equipment.
- Maintain, calibrate, and repair of pneumatic, mechanical, electrical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, indicating, and control instruments/equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair PLC-controlled equipment.
- Maintain and install stationary industrial machinery and electrical equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions.
- Adjust machinery and repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Ensure all operating safety devices function properly on completion of repairs, modifications and installations.
- Inspect motors, switches, junction boxes, switch panels, circuit breakers, transformers, fuse panels, lighting, heating and power circuits. Make preventive and running repairs and corrections.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities of all processes.
- Assist with troubleshooting and analyzing difficult machinery and process issues.
What We're Looking For:
- Experience and knowledge of industrial 3-phase electricity and devices.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience as an industrial electrician.
- Ability to work any shift, weekends, and overtime to support a 24/7 manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in the use of testing equipment such as multimeters, megger, clamp on amp meters.
- Must be able to read electrical schematics and have working knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment and lockout/tag out.
- Experience operating forklifts, scissor lifts, and articulating man lifts, etc.
- Ability to work indoors/outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to stand for long periods, walk, climb stairs, reach, and stoop frequently as well as lift up to approximately 50 lbs., with occasional team lifting of up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to safely work on high platforms using fall protection when required.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills allowing one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Capability to look at the large picture and performing root cause analysis.
- Able to develop contingencies for problems that arise while understanding the consequences of the options.
- Proficient using basic and intermediate mathematical computations for problem solving.
- Competence using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Other Experience We Prefer:
- Composite panel wood products industry maintenance experience.
- Control graphics programming and troubleshooting.
- Experience maintaining a continuous press in the wood products industry.
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Understand and apply NFPA 70E standards.
- Instrumentation experience in flow meters, temperature (RTD and thermocouple), pressure, and level transducers, control valves, smart meters, schematics & wiring diagrams.
- The supply of personal tools is required (Specialty tools are provided by CalPlant I)
- Responsible for auditing personal tools required by maintenance employees. (tool lists are required of all personal tools kept on site and must be provided to supervisor)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage.
- 401(k) with guaranteed (Safe Harbor) company match of up to 4%.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.