When construction is completed, CalPlant will be the world’s first commercial-scale producer of rice straw-based medium density fiberboard (MDF), annually supplying approximately 140 million square feet of no-added-formaldehyde MDF to the building products industry.
CalPlant offers an exceptional package including:
- Competitive base pay;
- Medical, dental, vision insurance coverage
- 401(k) with guaranteed (Safe Harbor) company match of up to 4%. Discretionary 401(k) contributions as the company grows in profitability and as determined by the ownership team (these are not guaranteed contributions and there is a vesting schedule for these contributions)
- Paid time off and paid holidays
We are currently seeking an Industrial Electrician to perform skilled, journey-level, low, medium and some high voltage maintenance work.
- Completes work orders assigned via Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Reads and interprets electrical schematics, ladder logic, engineering, drawings, and sketches to determine work procedures.
- Conducts VFD and DC drive installation, programming, and troubleshooting.
- Participates in the preventive maintenance (PM) program on all equipment.
- Maintains, calibrates, and repairs of pneumatic, mechanical, electrical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, indicating, and control instruments/equipment.
- Trouble shoots and repairs PLC-controlled equipment.
- Maintains and installs stationary industrial machinery and electrical equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
- Inspects and examines machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions.
- Adjusts machinery and repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Ensures all operating safety devices function properly on completion of repairs, modifications and installations.
- Inspects motors, switches, junction boxes, switch panels, circuit breakers, transformers, fuse panels, lighting, heating and power circuits. Makes preventive and running repairs and corrections.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities of all processes.
- Assists with troubleshooting and analyzing difficult machinery and process issues.
- Keeps detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Adheres to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliance.
- Must have experience and knowledge of industrial 3-phase electricity and devices.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience as an industrial electrician.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, and overtime to support a 24/7 manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in the use of testing equipment such as multimeters, megger, clamp on amp meters.
- Must be able to read electrical schematics and have working knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment and lockout/tag out.
- Experience operating forklifts, scissor lifts, and articulating man lifts, etc.
- Ability to work indoors/outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to stand for long periods, walk, climb stairs, reach, and stoop frequently as well as lift up to approximately 50 lbs., with occasional team lifting of up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to safely work on high platforms using fall protection when required.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills allowing one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Capability to look at the large picture and performing root cause analysis.
- Able to develop contingencies for problems that arise while understanding the consequences of the options.
- Proficient using basic and intermediate mathematical computations for problem solving.
- Competence using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Composite panel wood products industry maintenance experience.
- Control graphics programming and troubleshooting.
- Experience maintaining a continuous press in the wood products industry.
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Understand and apply NFPA 70E standards.
- Instrumentation experience in flow meters, temperature (RTD and thermocouple), pressure, and level transducers, control valves, smart meters, schematics & wiring diagrams.
- The supply of personal tools is required (Specialty tools are provided by CalPlant I)
- Responsible for auditing personal tools required by maintenance employees. (tool lists are required of all personal tools kept on site and must be provided to supervisor)