Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Journeyman Millwright position is a full-time position, responsible for installing, inspecting, adjusting, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment while following safety rules and regulations. You will be required to maintain all equipment to required standards and be responsive to production needs and equipment failures. You work as part of a team but would routinely perform work independently and maintain a high level of accuracy and safety, while performing your duties
- Experience on a continuous press not required but desirable
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills allowing one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment
- Experience using PLC’s is an asset
- Experience of MiG and Stick welding
- Ability to work independently without supervision and meet tight deadlines.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making abilities
- Knowledge of basic industrial 3-phase electricity and devices is a plus
- Physical ability to lift to 100 pounds
- Using work orders and the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to determine work to be done
- Participating in the PM program on all equipment
- Reading written documents, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Installing stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions
- Adjusting machinery and repairing or replacing defective parts
- Operating machine tools to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance, or set-up of machineries
- Ensuring operating safety devices function properly on completion of repairs, modifications, and installations
- Aligning and maintaining machine tools
- Participating in continuous improvement of all machines
- Keeping detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- Cleaning, lubricating, and performing other routine maintenance work on machineries
- Adhering to workplace safety policies, regulations, and compliances
- Maintaining a clean and environmentally safe work area
- Performing other related duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in the plant manufacturing environment. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, greet/embrace, talk and hear. Verbal and written communication with employee groups and plant stakeholders is a frequent expectation. The employee must have high mobility and dexterity due to expanse of operations and be able to climb stairs, walk long distances. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Constantly sitting, standing, and walking.
- Frequently subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry and vision to monitor.
- Occasionally subject to bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping, and lifting to 100 pounds.
The frequency of activity required of the employee to perform the job is defined as follows:
Occasionally Up to 3 hours
Frequently 3-6 hours
Constantly 6-8+ hours