CalPlant, creator of the revolutionary Eureka™ medium density fiberboard (MDF), was founded with the sole purpose of creating and manufacturing agrifiber-focused building products for the 21st century. Strategically located in the heart of the rice farming community in Willows, California, CalPlant promotes environmentally conscious practices by producing Eureka from renewable post-harvest rice straw. Learn more about what we do by visiting our website!
We are currently looking for a Storeroom Clerk to help maintain and organize inventory maintenance supplies, spare parts receiving, shipping and performing general office duties as assigned. This role is temporary and expected to last between 6 and 9 months.
What You'll Do:
- Manage spare parts and consumable inventory and resolve inventory discrepancies.
- Utilize CMMS to perform data entry regarding inventory and provide timely reporting of information as requested.
- Receive shipments, accurately verify transactions and stock inventory in correct locations.
- Ship and receive supplies, parts, and equipment.
- Organize and maintain vendor files.
- Maintain maintenance records and verify reports with Purchasing Agent.
- Ensure that planned jobs are kitted once parts come in.
- Maintain accurate inventory counts of all spare parts and perform cycle counts as systematically generated by CMMS.
- Perform payable duties including verifying orders, purchases and deliveries and matching up packing slips.
- Maintain a clean and neat work environment in your area of responsibility.
- Perform work in a safe manner and comply with safety, regulatory and management policies.
What We're Looking For:
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least 1 year of experience in industrial storeroom, preferably in the wood panel industry.
- Must have prior experience operating Forklift Trucks.
- Ability to work independently while remaining organized and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate over the phone.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office; prior experience in CMMS preferred.
- Must be self-motivated with excellent work habits and a high level of integrity.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Ability to perform job functions with accuracy and high attention to detail while maintaining confidentiality.