CalPlant, creator of the revolutionary Eureka™ medium density fiberboard (MDF), was founded with the sole purpose of creating and manufacturing agrifiber-focused building products for the 21st century. Strategically located in the heart of the rice farming community in Willows, California, CalPlant promotes environmentally conscious practices by producing Eureka from renewable post-harvest rice straw. Learn more about what we do by visiting our website!
CalPlant offers an exceptional package including:
- Competitive base pay
- Competitive medical, dental, vision insurance coverage
- 401(k) with guaranteed (Safe Harbor) company match of up to 4%.
- Paid time off and paid holidays
We are currently seeking a Technical Director to apply expertise and knowledge to the quality assurance program ensuring customer, internal, and ANSI A209.1-2016 MDF requirements are maintained. This individual analyzes data, plans, directs, coordinates, and supervises department activities in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Key accountabilities include:
- Monitor all operations that affect quality, demonstrating curiosity about why things are the way they are.
- Identify and keep abreast of applicable technical concepts and process technologies.
- Know and understand all current lab procedures for MDF; train Quality employees to ensure unity of effort on quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Coordinate testing and certification of all the products and assure that all product meets published product specifications.
- Establish and adhere to procedures and publications for manufacturing, inspection, testing, and reporting assuring reliability and consistency of recorded data.
- Train and supervise staff in the development, analysis and reporting of quality control requirements.
- Provide hands-on technical consultation and assist the operations team in developing new products, materials, and processes.
- Coach and develop the Quality team through the utilization of the performance management system.
- Develop and lead product and process improvement trials and studies.
- Support management team to ensure excellence in environmental stewardship.
- Participate in teams working on opportunities to promote manufacturing excellence.
- (5) to ten (10) years applied experience in manufacturing of composite products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to work as part of a team with ability and willingness to assist in nurturing an environment of employee involvement.
- Experience with laboratory testing instrumentation, schematics, quality control, and advanced materials testing.
- The ability to function well in a laboratory, manufacturing and technical environment, and the ability to train individuals and groups on material upgrades, processes and applications.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and applicable software tools for the position, including, but not limited to, experimental design, data collection, statistical analysis, and project management software applications.
- Must possess the self-motivation to work independently and continually advance cognitive, technical, business, leadership, organization, and communication skills.
- Must possess an excellent work ethic, a high degree of integrity and a keen business acumen.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance.