CalPlant, creator of the revolutionary Eureka™ medium density fiberboard (MDF), was founded with the sole purpose of creating and manufacturing agrifiber-focused building products for the 21st century. Strategically located in the heart of the rice farming community in Willows, California, CalPlant promotes environmentally conscious practices by producing Eureka from renewable post-harvest rice straw. Learn more about what we do by visiting our website!
We are currently looking for an individual to assist with equipment operation and yard maintenance. This person will be responsible for loading and moving trucks with raw material to the production area. This individual will also be responsible for assisting with yard maintenance.
What You'll Do:
- Loading and delivering trailers to production areas.
- Maintaining yard including tarp maintenance, road & pad maintenance, collection and disposal of broken bales and waste straw and weed control.
- Assisting with monitoring expired, obsolete, and aging materials to ensure minimization of waste.
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment daily.
- Providing daily logs that show straw usage and straw removal location and assisting with other inventory control duties.
What We're Looking For:
- Previous relevant experience working in a fast-paced environment strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of safe machine practices.
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to operate or learn to operate equipment such as forklift, telescopic handler, hay squeeze, water truck, tractor and yard goat.
- Clear verbal & written communication skills.
- Highly flexible with a strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Exceptional level of appreciation and expectation for safe work environment.
- Must be reliable, an excellent team player and possess a positive attitude.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage.
- 401(k) with guaranteed (Safe Harbor) company match of up to 4%.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.