CalPlant, creator of the revolutionary Eureka™ medium density fiberboard (MDF), was founded with the sole purpose of creating and manufacturing agrifiber-focused building products for the 21st century. Strategically located in the heart of the rice farming community in Willows, California, CalPlant promotes environmentally conscious practices by producing Eureka from renewable post-harvest rice straw. Learn more about what we do by visiting our website!
We are currently looking for a Security Guard to monitor the entrance gate, truck scales, and overall plant security. The security guards will also help with emergency response and serve as the first point of contact for emergency responders.
What You'll Do:
- Actively manage plant security by verifying visitors are authorized to come on site and keeping a log of incoming and outgoing employees, customers and vendors.
- Direct visitors and truck drivers to various parts of grounds or buildings.
- Patrol buildings and grounds of plant. Examine doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Ensure all trucks stop at main gate before going to scales.
- Take and monitor weights of incoming and outgoing loads, including weights of trucks delivering raw materials.
- Create documentation to outline security conditions and requirements including safety reports, visitors logs, truck weights, and emergency responses.
- Participate in the plant’s emergency action program and command protocols related to emergency responders’ arrival on site in the event of an emergency.
- Develop, implement and manage SOPs related to all security guard protocols.
- Maintain working knowledge of CalPlant’s safety standards.
- Contribute to the overall success and continued growth of CalPlant by always adding value to the organization and willingly participating in tasks assigned that are outside the scope of this job description, but within the capabilities of the employee.
What We're Looking For:
- Must possess a current California Guard Card.
- Minimum 2 years of security experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to perform functions necessary to maintain safety and security of the facility.
- Demonstrated knowledge and active participation in a safety and security program.
- Understanding of written documents including but not limited to diagrams, manuals, emergency action plans, and truck scale information.
- Familiarity and ability to perform routine Inspections of secured grounds and buildings.
- Highly flexible with the ability to maintain solid interpersonal skills and work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Knowledge of Microsoft computer programs, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Capability to look at the large picture and develop contingencies for problems that arise while understanding the consequences of the options.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage.
- 401(k) with guaranteed (Safe Harbor) company match of up to 4%.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.