When construction is complete, CalPlant will be the world’s first commercial-scale producer of rice straw-based medium density fiberboard (MDF), annually supplying approximately 140 million square feet of no-added-formaldehyde MDF to the building products industry.
CalPlant offers an exceptional package including:
- Competitive base pay
- Medical, dental, vision insurance coverage
- 401(k) with guaranteed (Safe Harbor) company match of up to 4%. Discretionary 401(k) contributions of up to an additional 4% as the company grows in profitability and as determined by the ownership team (these are not guaranteed contributions and there is a vesting schedule for these contributions)
- Paid time off and paid holidays
We are currently seeking a Finishing and Shipping Superintendent to manage the day to day functionality (safety, environmental compliance, quality, customer service and quantity/output) of Scheduling, Sanding, Cut-To-Size, Packaging and Shipping portions of the manufacturing process, driving Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and Continuous Improvement.
- Ensure all Employees are properly oriented and trained to accomplish assigned tasks successfully without injury, incident or exposure and within all legally mandated or internally prescribed environmental compliance limits.
- Provide the necessary audit and coaching daily via review of individual Employee process intervention assessments (Quick JHA), one-on-one communication between Supervisor and Employee or peer-to-peer (Daily Safety Contact), and collective group efforts (Local Ownership Teams).
- Report promptly all incidents involving safety, health or environmental non-compliance and actively participate in the investigation, root cause determination and elimination of further exposure for any employee.
- Conduct routine active Crew maintenance and review of key performance indicators (KPI’s) as they relate to safety and health, always striving to improve performance.
- Participate in the Plant Safety Committee process.
- Understand all process and product specifications/requirements deemed necessary to meet Customer and cost expectations.
- Champion a thorough understanding of the process capabilities by all direct reports and conduct routine team maintenance and review of key performance indicators (KPI’s) as they relate to process and product conformance, always striving to improve performance.
- Exhibit behavior to the team that promotes and recognizes importance around conformance to production schedules.
- Understand the Company’s Customers, products and end-use requirements and connect/communicate the product expectations under Quality with the Customer expectations/requirements under Customer Service.
- Understand and drive CalPlant’s industry-leading, dependable scheduling process linking sales intake with delivery expectations, incorporating manufacturing process and logistics capabilities.
- Drive a comprehensive, continuous improvement (lean manufacturing) effort, including a universal understanding of “waste” and a well-defined process to identify, quantify and eliminate waste.
- Ensure that all employees understand the impact and relationships of revenue and cost components, volume, quality and human productivity on margin optimization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Production Management, Manufacturing, Business or Engineering strongly preferred; equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively challenging people and performance management with demonstrable results in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a large-scale panel fabrication & finishing manufacturing or end-user environment.
- Familiarity with ANSI 208.2 standards and C.P.A. strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of LEAN and continuous improvement principles.
- Ability to effectively lead, develop and mentor direct reports and teams.
- Exceptional level of appreciation and expectation for safe work behavior.
- Effective, patient, empathetic (listening), decisive communication style.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with employees throughout the company and external vendors.