When construction is complete, CalPlant will be the world’s first commercial-scale producer of rice straw-based medium density fiberboard (MDF), annually supplying approximately 140 million square feet of no-added-formaldehyde MDF to the building products industry.
CalPlant offers an exceptional package including:
- Competitive base pay
- Competitive medical, dental, vision insurance coverage
- 401(k) with guaranteed (Safe Harbor) company match of up to 4%. Discretionary401(k) contributions of up to an additional 4% as the company grows in profitability and as determined by the ownership team (these are not guaranteed contributions and there is a vesting schedule for these contributions)
- Paid time off and paid holidays
We are currently seeking a Predictive Maintenance Supervisor to minimize downtime and maximize production using Predictive Maintenance techniques. This position requires a responsible, safety conscious, self-motivated individual to perform and lead the Predictive Maintenance Program.
Key accountabilities include:
- Capture data, document findings, build and maintain databases/routes, develop baselines, trend data, interpret results, create and execute corrective work orders and optimize PM’s.
- Utilize work orders and the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to determine work to be done.
- Execute proactive maintenance strategies for equipment inspection with focus on equipment lubrication and data collection using PdM tools.
- Communicate reliability concerns to maintenance management when an issue is discovered using a PdM tool in a timely manner.
- Effectively utilize various software packages as they apply to vibration, infrared, ultrasound technologies.
- Assist in the development of preventive and predictive maintenance procedures for all plant assets.
- Collaborate with production and maintenance teams to manage continuous improvement efforts and increase uptime and equipment reliability.
- Partner with Operations team to implement and improve BEC (Basic Equipment Care).
- Coordinate closely with operations management to maintain an up-to-date understanding of needs and priorities.
- Ensure effective resolution of problems through timely failure analysis, identification of root cause of failures, and implementation of corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Help meet or exceed production and quality goals while optimizing equipment to reduce waste.
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participating in the safety program.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations, and compliance.
- Level 1 Vibration Analyst.
- Level 1 Thermography Certification.
- Level 1 Ultrasound.
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated vibrational analysis experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with complex mechanical systems.
- Ability to maintain organized, detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills allowing one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment.
- Ability to work independently without supervision and meet tight deadlines.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making abilities.