When construction is complete, CalPlant will be the world’s first commercial-scale producer of rice straw-based medium density fiberboard (MDF), annually supplying approximately 140 million square feet of no-added-formaldehyde MDF to the building products industry.
CalPlant offers an exceptional package including:
- Competitive base pay
- Medical, dental, vision insurance coverage
- 401(k) with guaranteed (Safe Harbor) company match of up to 4%. Discretionary401(k) contributions of up to an additional 4% as the company grows in profitability and as determined by the ownership team (these are not guaranteed contributions and there is a vesting schedule for these contributions)
- Paid time off and paid holidays
We are currently looking to fill several positions in our plant area, including Forklift Drivers, Utility Relief to support our Operators, and Laborers.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred
- Experience on a forklift is preferred
- Must be a team player and possess working knowledge of safety standards of equipment.
- Ability to work independently without supervision to safely and effectively perform duties.
- Must possess an excellent work ethic
- Ability to understand Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Preventative Maintenance (PMs) and associated documentation.
- Days, Evenings or Night Shift including Saturdays and Sundays
- 12-hour shifts with overtime
- Overtime required for position specific training, down days, and other company required training.