CalPlant, creator of the revolutionary Eureka™ medium density fiberboard (MDF), was founded with the sole purpose of creating and manufacturing agrifiber-focused building products for the 21st century. Strategically located in the heart of the rice farming community in Willows, California, CalPlant promotes environmentally conscious practices by producing Eureka from renewable post-harvest rice straw. Learn more about what we do by visiting our website!
CalPlant offers an exceptional package including:
- Competitive base pay
- Medical, dental, vision insurance coverage
- 401(k) with guaranteed (Safe Harbor) company match of up to 4%.
- Paid time off and paid holidays
We are currently seeking a Controller to manage and supervise various aspects of our accounting processes.
Key accountabilities include:
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Manage the accounting staff’s results by training, coaching and counseling employees and ensuring daily, weekly, monthly & yearly processes get completed accurately and timely.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Oversee all activities related to the maintenance of GL accounts and recons, including all necessary research, analysis and reviews to ensure accuracy of the GL.
- Oversee and ensure a timely period closing including analytical reviews of significant accounts, transactions, and journal entries.
- Prepare all financial statements & packages for review by management.
- Oversee and manage accounting process and procedures for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventories & General Ledger.
- Assist with the maintenance and tracking of CIP, capitalizations and depreciation process. Prepare property tax returns and other ad hoc reports.
- Serve as on-site ERP “champion” and assist/train other individuals on the use, problem solving and security and integrity of the system.
- Assist with the development of the annual plan which consists of working with department heads & management to review current spending levels in order to build the base for future periods.
- Assist with audit process, internal controls procedures, and other duties (as assigned)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in financial position with increasing responsibility.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) license preferred.
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation.
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations.
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations.
- Self-starter with an attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines.
- Able to work well with senior executives and team, as well as mentor/lead other team members.